clarify- (Sucker born every minute - Part 2)

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 14:30:02 -0500

At 9:57 AM -0700 10/5/03, Robert Goodale wrote:
>Clearing the record-
>
>Let's clarify this.  I didn't say I "represent" anyone.  I said members on
>the list were "monitoring".   With all due professional respect to Keith,
>please read twice before responding.  By discussing this with others on and
>off the list I think it's safe to say "monitoring" was occuring.  Given the
>size of this list it is probably acurate to conclude a substancial
>percentage have now viewed this auction without comment.  "Monitor" is
>indeed the perfect word.  "Represent" is not.

Robert,

It's true, you did not say I "represent" anyone.

But by definition and by sending the email you posted, you did indeed
become a representive, not only for yourself, but also for a couple
of hundred unnamed other persons from the PTG pianotech list whom you
implied were with you in this matter with regards to monitoring,
discussing and wondering, and your post clearly declares it.

-------
I resubmit your stated post again.
>>At 9:09 PM -0700 10/4/03, Robert Goodale wrote:
A couple hundred of us on the PTG pianotech list have been monitoring
and discussing your PDS-32 on e-bay for the past couple days.
$1,025.00?  Holy crap... we were all just wondering... do you feel
guilty?
------

And I assure you, Robert, that I did read what you posted twice
before responding, and by now I have read it even more times to
insure the comments I have made, and am currently making, are
accurate.

No two ways about it, man. That's the way it went down, and no amount
of word play after the fact is going to change that reality.

>...  If
>anyone feels my action was inappropriate I extend my appologies.  And to
>Keith- I'm not really mad at you, you can still sit on my ugly couch if you
>visit Las Vegas.

Since I fall into the category of anyone, I appreciate your extended
apology. As to the personal invitation to sit on your ugly couch, I
respectfully decline.

Keith McGavern