Terminology and jargon.(was RB Vs CC etc.)

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:25:48 +0100

Michael Gambles wrote;

>>"have a whole lot to catch up on. We have such a lot of variations in
name parts of the piano here in the UK from those in US that I find
difficulty in following some of your advices. ..........By the way we
have "Levers" here where you have "Whippens" .......">>

Hello Michael,
It took me a while to fathom out some of the jargon and nomenclature. Have
YOU ever heard of CA glue???? I eventually plucked up the courage to ask and
was informed, but if you go to a hardware store here and ask for some, don't
be surprised to be confronted with blank faces. BTW (by the way), here I
refer to levers or whippens as undercarriages.

Just as well you are not in the Auto trade. Those Americans use completely
different terminology for their cars. Hood, trunk, fender, windshield, gas,
to name but a few, plus of course they drive on the wrong side of the road,
or should I say the right side of the turnpike.

Keep at it; you will learn something new every day on this list.

AF