Japanese Parts

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:13:11 -0700

Are Tokai pianos made by Samick?   The model number G155 is reminiscent of
Samick model numbers...

I ask because I need to find a replacement part for the fallboard.   The
little axle that fits into the slot in the case is missing on one side and
Schaff
doesn't have anything that matches.   (At least I couldn't find anything in
the catalog.)

Any advice on finding this part will be appreciated.

Tom Sivak

Tom,
If you want parts for a Japanese Piano, (Other than, but can include, Yamaha
& Kawai), get a Japanese Catalogue!<G> The one I have is Watanabe Musical
Instument Co., Ltd., 132-9 Tokiwacho, Hamamatsu, 430, Japan. It is great for
repacing those funky rubber buttons that aren't anything like what we have.
Plus, there's all manner of goodies that are not seen in the USA. One thing,
don't bother ordering the Pedal Extender Box! It's a real piece of junk.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I