no charge to good steady customers

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:50:02 -0400

Corte,
         I was surprised the first few times I encountered it as well. I'm=
=20
grateful to have Tunelab to assist me in quantifying pitch deviation. The=20
pianos I spoke of were no more than 2 cents off anywhere throughout the=20
scale. Cleveland, Ohio is a very similar climate to Chicago, Illinois so I=
=20
can understand your disbelief. For my average customer, less than 2 cents=20
isn't enough for them to hear and therefore does not justify the cost.=20
Their happy with a touch up of unisons and a general good bill of health=20
and so am I. The next humidity swing will change it anyway so what's the=20
point? If I see it at 2 cents flat in April and bring it pitch what will it=
=20
be in June or July? I'm generally not one who will float pitch but if it's=
=20
only that much ......

best,
Greg