French Repeating Action

JAMES DALLY jdally@ecr.net
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:42:25 -0400

I am working on an upright, an Ackerman and Lowe, Marion, Ohio, that =
has, according to the statement on the hammer rail a French Repeating =
Action.  There are dowels running horizontally, in the bass, tenor =
section and treble just below the hammer butts.  I need to work on =
several hammers and it appears those dowels need to be removed to =
efficiently remove a hammer assembly.  Does anyone have knowledge about =
this system and how to best deal with it?  Many thanks and please reach =
me privately if that is best to do.
jdally@ecr.net