Sauter Spinet

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:54:28 -0000

Hello Richard
I would RUN away if I were you! The hassle is just not worth it. Over a
period of time plastis degrades and you'll be in for a lot of T R O U B L E.
Though I am not conversant with this piano the nearest I can get is a 1960s
"Bentley" an English piano. In this the flanges are all plastic - and now,
40-or-so years on they are breaking. There are no replacements and the
flanges are not the same size as standard - the gap for the lever or damper
body being to wide etc.
Sell your lady client a replacement piano - better still a new one then
neither of you will look back.
Another plan (cunning one this) suggest she get the existing spinet thingy
transformed into a drinks cabinet. Whoops!" She's a teetotaller....
Regards
Michael G (UK)