Grand regulation/international terminology

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:39:50 -0400

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 10:31  AM, Michael Gamble wrote:

> Anyone got a name for the spring and loop between the lever(whippen)
> and its
> flange? I use it to regulate the playing weight on my Steinway "A".

Are you talking about the repetition spring? In the interest of
clarity, if you can find me at the Thanet Hotel in London a month from
now, I'll *give* you a copy of Merle Mason's <Piano Parts and Their
Functions>. 'Course if you don't already live in London it might be
easier for me to drop it in the post.
Best,
Patrick