OT

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:22:32 -0500

>But as
>others have pointed out, for some reason Duane chooses to discuss *only*
>Microsoft and Linux on this list -- never pianos.  That's the puzzling part,
>that makes his posts annoying to me personally.  Does he discuss vital new
>piano technology breakthroughs on comp.sys.linux?

No - because pianos are used everyday in most everyones lives like
desktops and laptops are.

First, my business is still growing from necessity to pay the bills.
Secondly, I came from a career of 24 years of IT. Thirdly, I have no
intention to be annoying to anyone "personally". Lastly, most new piano
technology breathroughs are around grand pianos.

>Why even subscribe here?

Good point. Most of the discussion revolves around grand pianos and so
far most of my business has been uprights - mostly older pianos, antique
pianos and player pianos. I'm about the only one left in St. Louis that
will even service player pianos. And, recently I have rebuilt 3 antique
pump organs and 1 antique melodeon belonging to St. Louis' own Stan Kann
(organist at the Fox Theatre)

Now, as far as MS and Linux, at least half of my news does not come from
the "normal" news channels - that's why I - was - posting it here. Since
I have posted 4 major events to my private list which includes about 20,
or so, pianotech list members.

--

Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Organ, Pump Organ