Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:26:05 +0200

Hi, per what I said in another post, P/R, rough tune then fine, maybe =
two or three passes which is easier and quicker than fighting with the =
piano in one 2 hour marathon

Brian

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 4:53 PM
  Subject: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

  To the 15 minute pitch raisers out there:

  Would this apply to a piano that was, for example, 30 cents flat? Do =
you then, after the one pass pitch raise is complete, tune the piano in =
one tuning pass? If so, can I assume the quick pitch raise got all =
strings to within two or so cents of their target? And after all is said =
and done, does this one pass pitch raise, followed by a one pass tuning =
bring all strings/notes to within one or two cents of target?

  I'm not saying any of this is not possible. I can't do it in the times =
reported on this list. I have a hard time imagining someone doing it. I =
hope to have the opportunity at a convention sometime to witness a speed =
demonstration.

  Terry Farrell

  ----- Original Message -----=20