Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:17:48 -0500

Hi, all,
   I am one of the slower tuners, but Randy Potter has a tape that
demonstrates a 10 minute pitch raise.

Richard
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Farrell
  Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 9:53 AM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

  To the 15 minute pitch raisers out there:

  Would this apply to a piano that was, for example, 30 cents flat? Do you
then, after the one pass pitch raise is complete, tune the piano in one
tuning pass? If so, can I assume the quick pitch raise got all strings to
within two or so cents of their target? And after all is said and done, does
this one pass pitch raise, followed by a one pass tuning bring all
strings/notes to within one or two cents of target?

  I'm not saying any of this is not possible. I can't do it in the times
reported on this list. I have a hard time imagining someone doing it. I hope
to have the opportunity at a convention sometime to witness a speed
demonstration.

  Terry Farrell