Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:49:09 -0700

Terry, that's exactly what I do sometimes three times a day, using that =
SAT III that I bought from you.=20

I usually pick out the sample note that's a little flatter than it's =
neighbors for the reset value, which gives me a piano where the pitch on =
all notes is perhaps a cent or two sharp. After that, doing the second =
pass, all I have to really do is set the pin to get it where I want it. =
It's really very easy. On the second pass, I don't have to get it within =
one or two cents of the target, I get it right where I want it, period. =
Pitch raise and fine tuning, including aural checks, 1 1/2 hours Max.

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 7:53 AM
  Subject: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

  To the 15 minute pitch raisers out there:

  Would this apply to a piano that was, for example, 30 cents flat? Do =
you then, after the one pass pitch raise is complete, tune the piano in =
one tuning pass? If so, can I assume the quick pitch raise got all =
strings to within two or so cents of their target? And after all is said =
and done, does this one pass pitch raise, followed by a one pass tuning =
bring all strings/notes to within one or two cents of target?

  I'm not saying any of this is not possible. I can't do it in the times =
reported on this list. I have a hard time imagining someone doing it. I =
hope to have the opportunity at a convention sometime to witness a speed =
demonstration.

  Terry Farrell