workshop techniques

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:36:21 -0700

Stop Rail Felt I usually just pull off and then scrape clean.  Damper tray
felt can be easily cut off with a sharp chisel since it is only glued at
the back edge.   If the glue is stubborn I use water and a bit of wall
paper remover.  Moisten the glue and let sit for a bit then scrape it off,
or saturate the felt and leave it for awhile until it falls off.  I do that
for key end felt.  Hammer rest cushions I prefer to scrape even though its
a pain.  I don't like the possibility of water getting down to the wippen
flange.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net