Square Grand Value,

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:00:09 -0000

Hello Terry Farrell
What constitutes a "Square Grand"? I regularly tune a couple of 18th =
century square pianos in museums. They use such delightful components as =
whale-bone damper springs etc. They don't have any vestige of an iron =
frame - all wood (tuned to A =3D 430). One has hand operated damper =
raiser and the other does have a pedal. I used to have a Broadwood =
Square of 1827 and used it in a production of Tschaikowsy "Queen of =
Spades".
Just a little tit-bit of useless info.
recap: What constitutes a Square Grand??
Over to you.
Regards
Michael G (UK)