A Small Equation = inharmonicity??

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:06:54

Hi Michael,

Is this the unit you mean?

http://www.vogel-scheer.de/GB/Auswahl.html

It looks like it measures to only 1 cent?

by a 1/10 do you mean a tenth? (major)?

Our edt's in NA are far more accurate I think...and the best ones meaure to
1/10 of one cent. For example the Sanderson Accutuner rating is " -198
cents, to +160 cents with 0.04 cents accuracy throughout the scale" There
are at least three other's that are of similar accuracy.

http://www.accu-tuner.com/SATIIImanual/sat3toc.html

Is this tuning system similar to your "quadrant"?

http://www.accu-tuner.com/SATIIImanual/apf.html

The idea was first introduced by a Canadian in the 1950's but went no where
for a long time--one Dave Foli.

At 07:08 PM 10/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello Don
>Many thanks for your detailed explanation - as requested. The ETD I used for
>bringing the pianos up to pitch is not the one I use for tuning CF3  or
>Model D. Then I use an arm/leg job called  TLA tuning set CTS-5 made by Marc
>Vogel, Germany. I only use this set for one 8ve.,

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.