Restoring Crown

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:26:33 +0100

 Dale,
 You will find that the PianoWorld site talks about restoring crown on their
technical tips page: click on "Twist the old bass strings/ also soundboard
crown"

The same sit has the following to say;

new one.  Would that same shop restore a Stradivarius Violin by throwing it
out and building a new one?  I think not.  Then don't replace a piano's
soundboard.">>>>

This reminds me of the story of a Municipal streetsweeper who was awarded a
medal for managing to keep his same broom for 25 years; okay he had replaced
the brush several times and the handle several times, but according to him
it was essentially the same broom!

!!!!!!

Regards
Alan Forsyth

Dale Erwin wrote;
>>"Scott
 I dialed up the web site Piano world in St. Luis but could find no
description of what you're saying in regard to them restoring crown. ">>