RC vs CC again

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:11:00 +0200

Calin Thomason wrote:

> I have to say, I agree with Ron N.  that it's time to try
> and put real
> science to this issue--though from my reading, I think Del and others have
> done this many times over.
>
> It takes more to make good science then knowing a few formulars and being able to push numbers back and forth in simple equalities. Place not your faith in someone simply because he or she is able to dazzle you with simple maths you yourself have long forgotten. And remember... the person who does not question h'self, who attempts to define others perspectives and insights as useless drivel unless they fit nicely into a pre-judiced carton is not a scientist by any definition of the word.

I've said this same, and so have others on a number of occasions, not that it changes anything.  I dont think this will get us anywhere myself.

> As for your ribs and panel question. Remembering that there is a reaction to every action might be a good idea. There is first lateral compression and there is lateral tension. Without the one, there simply cannot be the other. The bending, along with the kind of compressions and tensions that accompany, comes after.

Expound please ?

> Pushing your soundboard flat will most assuredly leave the rib in a state of overall tension, which it will not appreciate and can only respond by attempting to re-bend the assembly back into crown. For very much the same reasons the assembly crowned to begin with.

I wonder if you could explain your reasoning a bit closer Calin. What exactly do you mean by this last sentence.

> I will leave it up to each of you to figure out how, or to not.
>
> Calin Thomason.

Grin.. Not fair. Who are you anyways ? Tell us a bit about you. Are you a piano technician or an interested  something else ?

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne