scotch tape residue

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:51:23 EDT

In a message dated 10/13/2003 2:52:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pryan2@the-beach.net writes:
Anyone know a clever way to get scotch tape residue off of a flat black
ebony finish.  Someone put a sign on a music rack with scotch tape on a new
finish.  The tape came off but left sticky spots.  Rubbing doesn't help.
Any quick fixes?

Phil Ryan

pianotech
 Mineral spirits/paint thinner or naptha as as suggested. We use it alot and
is innocuos to lacquer & Poly finishes- I learned that from a finisher with
about 50 yrs exper.__   Dale