Round Damper Blocks

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:40:45 -0500

Jarred,

I don't know if brass round damper blocks are available.  You'll get better answers on that from some of the more experienced listees.  But have you considered drilling the existing wooden heads and filling with lead wire?  Pianotek sells .105" dia. (I think) for weighting hammer moldings.

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Jarred Finnigan
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 10/13/2003 6:08:39 PM
Subject: Round Damper Blocks

Hi List

I am trying to source some “round damper blocks” in BRASS.  I am having some “ringing on” issues with a new upright (Hoffman 125cm by Bechstein/Petrof) in the lower bass and after exhausting other avenues have come to the conclusion that adding mass to the damper head may well be the answer.

Any help with locating a supplier would be much appreciated.

Jarred Finnigan
Music Products
Shriro Australia PTY Limited
jarredf@shriro.com.au
Ph:  0438 770 484
Fax:  08 94508140
23-27 Chaplin Drive
Lane Cove NSW 2066

they are addressed.
originator of the message.

states them to be the views of Shriro Australia Pty Limited.