Shots

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:03:00 -0600

At 08:51 PM 10/11/2003 -0500, Avery wrote:

>Have you guys had your flu shots yet? It's starting
>earlier than normal this year, at least in Texas. I

They're just starting here in Calgary. As the primary caregiver for my 86
year-old Mom I get mine free, but even as a piano tuner I think it's free.

Since we are in people's houses all the time, and there are so many
infectious elements out there that we're exposed to all the time, I think
it behooves us to be as careful as we can during the flu season. If I may
dispense some advice, get a flu shot and if you're older or susceptible get
a pneumonia shot too. Carry disinfectant wipes in your tools such as "Wet
Ones" and wipe down the keys before you tune, and wash your hands
frequently during the day. I use a Wet One on my hands before I go into
every home just so I don't transfer too many germs from house to house.
Since I started doing that a few years back my incidence of illness during
the winter has dropped to near-nothing.

>had mine in a bar tonight for $15.00. At least I did
>"something" productive besides drink! Who, me? :-)

Interesting idea. I'm not sure the regional health authority would approve
of it here, but it's something that should be suggested to them. I get mine
in a large grocery store, which I suppose is no more bizarre than in a bar.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html