soundboard stresses

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:57:32 +0200

Hi John, I noticed that.. tho I suppose its possible to find a split table for
both somewhere or another.

While I got your ear, perhaps you might straighten me out on whats being
loaded how... I suppose the ribs restrictions loads the panel radially...
against the tangental face ??....even tho this is being done by restricting
the outward expansion of the radial face. But then downbearing... Ok that also
affects the stress between the ribs and underside of the panel, but isnt there
some tangential loading going on here as well ?... or is that just confusion
and all the loading is in the same direction ?

RicB.