Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch/Verituner

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 05:58:09 -0400

Is it the more prominent partials that drive the spinner or is that =
controlled by data in the "style" coding? Seems to me the style data =
would dictate spinner motion (which may include data from up to 8 or =
however many partials).

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Isaac sur Noos=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 3:25 AM
  Subject: RE: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch/Verituner

  Hi Terry, no it is not, it is based on the whole spectra analyzed =
(that mean up to 8 opartials), and the more proeminent partials are =
driving more the spinner than the less present.

  That should guarantee you the most precise thirds and 17th and so on =
computeable, and indeed that does it fairly well.

  BTW it is easier to "stop the spinner" (that does not really never =
stop in fact) with a multi partial driven spinner, as one discover that =
stopping it is not necessary nor feaseable, then youre back to real =
tuning !

  Best Regards.

  Isaac OLEG

  Entretien et r=E9paration de pianos.