nursing home blues (slightly OT)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:59:28 -0500

>>"Do you have enough light"
>
>And the answer, today at least, is: "No."
>Product recommendations anyone?
>Patrick Draine

Nothing really handy and useful. The head lamp doesn't help much. It's too
big to carry in my tool case for the half dozen times a year I need light,
and I usually only need light to insert strip mutes or move the rubber one.
Leaving it in the truck for when I need it just means the batteries are
dead when the need comes up on the wheel anyway, so it stays home. I carry
a AA Maglite in my case, and a AAA Maglite in my geek approved pocket
protector. Odds are, one of them will work when needed. In my pants pocket,
I also carry one of those little squeeze-on button battery blue/white LED
lights, so I have a light source with me whether I'm in my tuning disguise
or not. One of the Maglites works fine for the pedal proctology portion of
the program, but the little squeezable LED between my front teeth seems to
be handiest for inserting the temperament strips.

This wasn't a big deal years ago, but they don't seem to be making light
like they used to. Today's light is lumpier, and dimmer than when I was a kid.

Ron N