Private post

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:16:26 -0400

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:
>   Hi John
>   I just looked at your web site. Very nicely done. I like the format
> and the clarity. What a beautiful Mason & Hamlin grand. You guys on the
> other coast sure see way more unique Mason & Stwys than we do out here
> in the west. We just started ours but have been so busy ... Hey I like
> that idea of laminating beech onto the top of your blocks.
>    On a different subject, the bottom of a B board always has  the "tone
> pulsator" bar that encompasses 3 to 5 ribs depending on the age of the
> piano. What is it that this is really supposed to accomplish. I've heard
> a variety of opinions on this & I'm sure that Del & Ron would think for
> sure it's useless & should be replaced with a cut-off bar. I'm not sure
> it's needed & wondered if just making longer full height ribs wouldn't
> be just as good. Your thoughts?
>    Dale

Dale,

Thanks for the compliment. I'll get back to you when I can.

--
John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin