The Piano Tuner - by Daniel Mason

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:04:09 -0500

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:00 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: The Piano Tuner - by Daniel Mason

  In a message dated 10/15/03 4:33:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:

    Hello all
    I have just finished reading this book (see www.picador.com) . Set in
Burma around the 1870s about the Anglo/Burmese wars and the Shan Uprising.
.
    Michael G (UK)

     Michael,

    I liked it, too.  Written by a 27 year old med student.

    The end was a bit disappointing, but his descriptive passages are
impressive.

    Dave Stahl

    I enjoyed it, also.  The bio on the author described the assistance  of
a credible technician for the piano repairs.  Most non-techs probably
wouldn't care, but the effort was made to lend credence to his story.  The
ending...
    Paul C