Clang

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:50:53 +0200

Makes me think of any piano with no or poor front bearing, and all the
bearing applied to the back of the bridge. Strong, but noisy and
screaming.

Testing for added mass with a vise grip on a bridge pin, gives a rough
idea of the benefit of adding mass.

Something is in the archives for sure - I get it there.

Best Regards.

PS Hear of Kristian Zimmerman, the swiss pianist, using a pouch full
of lead on the soundboard near the end of the bass bridge and that
helped a grand (brand x ?) to be more agreable for a concert.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy