Leveling Sticks WAS: Steinway D key levelling (Hamburg model)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:18:59 -0500

>And yes, Ron, about those vampire bite marks, well. Leveling is only done
>at 60,000 mile intervals.  It's only done with the knowledge that it will
>leave unsightly scars which will speak badly of us when we're not around.
>Hey, abuse is abuse, and the public is obliged to report us. <g>
>
>Bill Ballard RPT

Just one of the reasons I usually use my 88 key washer stack. Easy on, easy
off, no marks. Of course, to make a reasonably priced one these days, you
have to go back in time to shop the washers. I used thick wall aluminum
tubing instead of all thread too, to minimize the core weight.

Ron N