Leveling Sticks WAS: Steinway D key levelling (Hamburg model)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:05:08 -0500

>I had never heard of this idea before now. Interesting. I think I
>understand what is being described. A rod packed with loose-fitting
>washers. The loose washer allows a key being removed to push up the few
>washers at its location without disturbing other washers sitting on other
>keys. Right?

Right.

>Where do you lay the washer-rod? Seems like anywhere forward of the
>backcheck would be problematic - but then there isn't much room behind the
>backcheck....... Additional info would be appreciated.
>
>Terry Farrell

Between backchecks and capstans. It works perhaps not quite as well as you
might wish, but much better than you might expect and generally quite
adequately. Easy on, easy off for putting in the punchings, no blood, and a
built in aerobics program. Like Guy said, just don't drop it.

Ron N