Soundboards: Thickness and Area

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:50:32 +0200

No... Banging with a hammer or something on the bridge to see where sand
gathers has nothing to do with Chladni patterns.

And as far as Chladni patterns go.. Petrof spends a lot of time looking
at the resonant modes of the soundboards as part of their continuing
research and as part of their quality control. I talked to their Dr.
Alois Raffaj in Bergen last year while he was here for the Nordic
Convention and he was under the impression that many of the major
manufacturers have at least some form of modal analysis going on. But
you can ask him yourself.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne