Steingraeber by candle light......

antares@euronet.nl antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:44:58 +0200

On woensdag, okt 22, 2003, at 20:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Richard Brekne
wrote:

> The 205 (or 210, Řsten??) was used for the
> closing dinner on Saturday night and it was very ... well german in the
> best sense of the word. As I said a bit earlier... if there was
> anything
> to put your finger on, it was that the upper base seemed to get a bit
> lost in big loud combinations of tones.

My dear friend Ricardo,
As you may remember, I was sitting opposite from you on that very same
table (on Saturday night yes).
Together with other very, and I mean very nice people, we shared a
rather satisfying amount of red and white wine.
I do agree with you that the Steingraeber grand you are writing about
was of high quality, but to compare it with a Hamburg Steinway? I think
I would need a little bit more generous amount of spirits.

Your friend from sinful Amsterdam,

André Oorebeek