I'm going to do this just once..OT

Dave Smith dsmith941@comcast.net
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:59:54 -0400

I'm going to do this just once..OTCongratulations to Phil.  Expect to =
seem some pretty great tuner's knots in bass strings now that he has =
mastered that knot.  Can I have your set of universal bass strings now?

Phil has been helping me getting started and has been passing along to =
me some of the mentoring he received.  So the cycle which makes this =
profession so rewarding and unique is continuing.  Thanks, Phil, and I =
hope to learn fast and age slowly so that I may someday also return this =
favor.

Dave Smith
SW FL

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phil Bondi=20
  To: Newtonville=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 6:33 AM
  Subject: I'm going to do this just once..OT

  ..just because it's been a goal of mine since I started in this =
profession 7 years ago. I'll admit it feels good. Obviously, I am easily =
amused!

  I want to publicly thank the following for their continued interest, =
kind words, and encouragement..in no special order:

  -LB Crabb and all the Associates(especially John Blick, rip). John =
spent A LOT of time with me one-on-one when I use to commute to Atlanta. =
His contribution is singled out here because he truly was an inspiration =
to this aspiring, still, and always will be, Rook. Rest in peace John.

  -ALL the members of the Tampa Chapter, West Palm Chapter, and =
especially the Atlanta Chapter. They have adopted me as their orphaned =
technician..I could do a lot worse folks.

  -Paul Milde, who, when he retired from the business, gave me all of =
his tools, parts, and accessories. My shop would not be what it is =
without his contribution.

  -Bill Leach and Kevin Shipe of the Richmond Chapter. I forgot my tools =
in the garage on my way to Richmond last week, and these 2 gentlemen =
made sure I had the tools available to me to take the Repair Section =
last week. I can't say thanks enough gentlemen.

  -All the contributors to this forum, past and present. I feel truly =
blessed and very fortunate to be coming up in this profession during the =
beginning of the Information Age, and the information and knowledge =
obtained from this forum has proven to be invaluable.

  -Jim Coleman. I will always remember his kindness and his initial "how =
do you do?" in Orlando. At the time, I was learning to tune from =
watching the Jim/George Defabaugh(?) tape. Meeting the person who I was =
watching and listening to felt good, and "Jim was Jim" when I met him.. =
A nice man, a real gentleman, and someone who I look up.

  -Ralph Martin..'nuff said, especially if you had the chance to meet =
the man. Your watch is still ticking buddy.=20

  -Sir Newton Hunt..who HASN'T he helped?=20

  -he'll hate me for this, and I don't care, but thanks Jim Bryant for =
your time on the phone, your suggestions and insight, and for being a =
friend.

  -I could go on and on. I am grateful.=20

  Phil Bondi, RPT(Fl)=20