Tonebell

Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:33:34 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: October 22, 2003 5:24 PM
  Subject: Re: Tonebell

        Robin
        Excellent info. Also, the 6ft. 1905 AB Chase that we rebuilt =
this year had a bell as well. The piano, built like a tank, had no =
claims to any thing concerning the bell. If the bell is such an =
incredible tonal device certainly it would have had a more noticeable =
effect on tone which to my ear does not. It also torque's the rim which =
could force the rasten/board joint to rotate out ward and there by =
upwards also adds torque the board.
    Dale
Well, I didn't say the difference was dramatic. To understand why these =
things are rarely used on smaller pianos one has only to consider the =
relative sizes of the plates in the area under question.

Del