Fw: Tonebell

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:14:47 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/2003 11:04:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:
Hello Dale
I have to admit to starting this thread sometime back when I posed the query:
I have found that the Tone Bell (Steinway's own term) is only present in
those grands which have a Sos-ped. I have tuned many S&S which have no Sos-ped and
none of them have a Tone-bell. Does the Tone-bell have any tonal effect or is
it in some way a contributing factor in the use of a Sos-ped? Well, that was
the gist of it all. It has sparked off a lot of interesting trivia hasn't it!
Regards
Michael
  Yes Michael it has & you did but, I made mention in one of the post that
all our NY S&S grands have sostento pedals so there isn't any correlation on the
U.S. models. So it has nothing to do with the bell ,sos. or size. Trivia yes.
  Regards--Dale