Titanium Dioxide

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:40:52 -0700

By the way, what is this whiting stuff we're talking about? I don't see
anything listed in Schaff or Pianotek - except something you paint on the
tops of keys to make them not yellow anymore (yikes ).

Once again, pardon my ignorance. It's just a subject that's been sort of off
my radar, and all of a sudden it seems like an enjoyable sort of challenge.

Thanks,

Allen

Allen,
See above for the answer.<G> This stuff is used in paint to make it white.
You can get it from Paint Manufacting Plants. As for the "Super Fine". I use
it in conjunction with PVC-E for gluing Ivories. It's also used in White
shoe polish.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police