Wurzen felt

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:42:54 +0200

Hi Isaac.

The 205 piano he showed in Oslo had a few significant design changes since
the old grandpappy days. First it went from 210 to 205. They aslo altered
the angle of the bass bridge and hence the bass scale and if I remember
correctly narrowed the butt of the case a bit. The 168 was at least
changed in that the bass bridge was de-cantelevered, yet its position over
the sound board was the same. That gave much longer back lengths and
shorter singing lengths, which seemed to work really well. There were some
pictures of the concert grand plate, both the new and the old, and there
were some few alterations made there. Maybe Kjell or Østen can remember
more about that if they are still following along.

RicB