Fw: Baldwin pre-cut string

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:36:58 EST

In a message dated 10/26/03 3:16:59 AM, michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:

> to use the old string by simply loosening off its companion, straightening
> out the old string where it had been on the hitch, and threading it up to the
> old wrest-pin and tuning up. I find that when doing this the tonal quality
> stays the same and they don't stretch like a replacement new string.

hello michael
I'm thinking you're referring to re-useing a Broken string in this context,
am I right ? BTW, this stringing dept. at conway was even more surreal since
they also used pneumatic hammers mounted on swing arms, and the strung backs
were laid on a forty-five degree angle fixture. and this just a week after I
toured Aeolian, whose stringers were scarily bad !
Glenn C.