Haines grand rep springs (again)/Terry

Greg DesBrisay g.desbrisay@ieee.org
28 Oct 2003 23:32:04 -0800

I can certainly get some better pictures.  I'll work on that tomorrow in
daylight (the flash on my digital camera has stopped working!  Must all
my life be consumed by restoration projects??  78^)

I believe this piano was built in 1931 because three different sources
indicate that to be the case:

(1) http://www.bluebookofpianos.com/agesh.htm#HAINES%20BROTHERS lists
serial numbers for the years 1900-1942.  The years 1931 and 1932 are
missing, so this list only indicates that the piano was produced
sometime in the 1930-1932 time period (see reference #2).

(2) Pianoechange, LLC (www.pianoexchange.com) sent me a "Manufacturer's
History Sheet" that included a list of serial numbers for the years
1855-1942. Happily, this list included the serial numbers for 1931 and
1932 (1931--78100, 1932--79200).

(3) Family members tell me that my grandmother bought this piano new
shortly after she married my grandfather circa 1931 and then taught
piano lessons on it.

Regards,

Greg