When was the first Steinway upright made???

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:31:20 -0600

>I should think they might have some knowledge about the birth of the first
>vertical Steinway, but based on my experience with them on "should a new
>Steinway soundboard have crown?" (I got three responses of "no", one "yes"
>and several "I'm not sure" from their tech folks), I would suggest that
>just because you got a response does not mean it is an accurate response.
>
>Terry Farrell

And it's not just Steinway. The sales prop of the soundboard panel with the
tuning fork bolted to it appeared in the local dealer's showroom a couple
of years ago, and just recently, a jig demonstrating the crown as a
buttressed arch magic trick, with sales pitch to match. Both from Yamaha.

Ron N