Knuckles/Graphite

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:41:58 -0800

Hello

   I would like to clean knuckles by removing old graphite . I read in =
the Reblitz the way to clean is to use a solution of eight parts naphtha =
to one part mineral oil in a hypo-oiler. Is this technique still used ?=20

Thanks=20
Jack Houweling

Jack,
Forget the Mineral Oil!!!!!!!! Just use Naptha. You can also use Perk, (a
dry cleaning solution), or "Renuzit", (another dry cleaning
solvent/solution). Lubricate with "micro fine Teflon. IMO, Graphite has
little or no use in pianos. It's olde technology that has caused more
problems than it solved!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police