Make a soundboard--Measurements

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:50:32 -0500

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:
> I lay out the ribs across the top of the case and over the rib
> notch,then mark the rib on the under side next to the rim.

Dale,

Why not do it this way?

After the panel is fitted to the case use it to mark out the rib
lengths. In the photo the panel may look a little funny. The top and
bottom surfaces are just as they came from the panel press and have not
yet been planned and sanded.

John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin