Short Treble (sustain?)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:56:27 -0600

>Now, this board has crown (about 2mm near the middle of the longest rib),

Try checking the crown in the treble area where the problem is instead of
on the longest rib where it isn't, and you might have some useful information.

>and at first sight, there is no loose joint between it and the rim (while
>I find it difficult to ascertain this, with the plate and all strings on it).

Again, if you will look underneath where the joint is instead of from the
top where it isn't, it might tell you more.

>The strings are not making huge grooves into the bridge top, and I plan to
>check the agraffee holes for clean contact point.

There are agraffes in the treble where the sustain problem is? Have you
checked the bearing where the problem is?

Ron N