Mouse prevention

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:54:47 -0800 (PST)

Nope. But I do have 2 uprights with little metal tabs
cast into the pedals, which hang down over the pedal
holes when the pedals are in the rest, or "Up"
position, thereby preventing mice  from entering the
piano via this route. If this simple device ( which
probably added 1/10 cent to the production cost of the
pianos ) had been incorporated into all uprights,
millions of them could have avoided being destroyed by
rodents.
    The cheapest, smartest, most underused innovation
in all of piano history, IMHO.
     Thump

P.S. "Kill Free" traps and a lot of patience and
driving time to haul the mice 2 miles from where
caught. Or "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" smeared on the
trip plate of conventional traps. Or a hermeticaly
sealed, stainless steel house.