The Good Old Days ??

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:00:37 +0100

Hi folks... Ed, Barbara.. and others who recently took up this flag.

I've been here since 1998... maybe late 97... not really sure.  And
personally I dont buy this romanticised picture of how great things were
in yesteryears pianotech.  In fact I really dont notice much of a change
in either content or tone on the whole at all.  When I poped up the
raging war at the time was one Ed Foote up against one Bill Bremmer.
And boy did things get nasty.  I got wrapped up in a couple with a few
people as well for statements and opinions that still have me aghast in
wonderment as too what brought all that about.  I've watched a select
agenda oriented types few bully off one person after another for having
some view or another about pianos they didnt like. Ive seen outbreaks of
political posts about Clintons presidency by the bushel.  Religion has
been a regular player all along... and all the posts I've seen through
the years relating how sick and tired somebody is of all the crap has
not increased or decreased one bit as far as I can see.

Sorry... I dont buy it. I dont buy that somehow people just 8 years ago
were fundementally more well behaved then they are now.  What in human
nature could possible explain such a degenerate evolution ?  I'd like to
hear some Darwinistic justification .... grin.  No no no... its easy to
romantisize the good old days... easy to forget the bad and remember the
good.  But frankly... the only thing I've seen fundementally change here
in 6 + years  are a few faces.

Cheers
RicB