OT: Noodling

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 02:42:20 -0500

Re: OT: NoodlingKieth!

ROTFLMAO!

Of course I'm from the University of Texas (Longhorns), and "we" are =
blood enemies of Oklahoma in the sports world, so I should probably be =
rather bent quite out of shape.  However, I'm rather lost when it comes =
to sports, and I could care less about team rivalries.  (I understand =
there's going to be a big game tomorrow.  Right? <wink>)=20

To be honest, I can't recall where I picked up the word.  I thought it =
sounded funny, and so I grabbed it.  It would appear it has some =
unfortunate contexts, though, so I'll think twice about ever "noodling" =
again!

Peace,
Sarah,
who did grow up in the Texas Panhandle, not *too* far (in Texas terms) =
from Oklahoma.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Keith McGavern=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Cc: Avery Todd=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 11:03 AM
  Subject: Re: OT: Noodling

  At 5:55 PM -0600 1/30/04, Avery Todd wrote:
    "Noodling"? Is that a native Texan term that this native Texan has =
never
    heard???? At least not in this context. :-)

    Avery

      well, back to what I *should* be doing, instead of noodling away =
time on the
      'puter...

      Peace,
      Sarah

  Avery, Sarah, Rest,

  Noodling: "...the name okies (Oklahomans') give to catfishing by hand =
..."

  http://www.bullymag.com/7.9.01/okie-070901.asp

  fhttp://www.geocities.com/tony_soards/noodling/noodling.html

  =
http://www.dto.com/fwfishing/methods/method.jsp?Articleid=3D152&Articlety=
peid=3D107

  =
http://www.cabelas.com/information/cabelas-field-guides/Catfish-Technique=
s/Noodling-for-Catfish-The-Ultimate-Thrill-in-Fishing.html

  Staying informed still,

  Keith
--=20
Keith McGavern                                    Texas State =
Association
  Registered Piano Technician                 SOONER SPRING SEMINAR
  Oklahoma Chapter 731                                  March 11-14
  Piano Technicians Guild                        http://www.ptg.org/tsa/