MX100A Value

Brian L Janey brianjaney@juno.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 04:39:07 -0800

Tom -

An MX100A should be appraised at what it would cost for a piano of the
same size and features new. If they were trying to sell it for used,
you'd need to get a hold of a Ancott and see what the instrument is
selling for, on average, across the county and appraise it there,
deducting of course for any work it might need [action/finish/etc.].

 I would recommed going to the Local Yamaha dealer and checking out the
selection there and finding out what a new upright with a Disklavier
would cost and give that to them to pass to their insurance company.

Brian Janey
Fallbrook, CA

I have a client who wants to insure her piano (MX100A) for replacement
value but I can't find anything in Larry Fine. Yamaha makes an updated
version, according to their web site.

Anybody have a current price list?

TIA
Tom Cole