Correspondence tuning courses

Lesher, Trent J. tlesher@sachnoff.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:10:35 -0600

Hi Barry,
=20
I recently decided to enroll in the Randy Potter course based on quite a =
few recommendations that I found in the archives of this list.  Just do =
a search under "correspondence courses," and you'll get a wide variety =
of commentaries.  In general people seemed to think it was a very good =
course and the best available in the U.S., but recommended studying =
under an experienced tuner at some point too, plus I remember there were =
some other specific suggestions and comments, so see for yourself.
=20
Good luck,
=20
Trent Lesher

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry [mailto:bfd.dsl@pacific.net.au]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 3:43 PM
To: Piano List
Subject: Correspondence tuning courses

Hi everyone..
=20
I would like to get some reaction from you regarding the correspondence =
courses available.. eg: Randy Potter and the American School of Tuning =
etc.
=20
There are no "hands on" courses available in Australia anymore except =
occasional apprenticeships.
=20
Has anyone successfully passed one of these correspondence courses and =
would you recommend them?
=20
Thanks
Barry
[Administrator]=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT NOTICE: Never mind the message below. I use this =
e-mail account for personal e-mail even when I'm not at work, but this =
message is intended for law-client-related communications, and the =
computer people at the law firm where I work seem to have made it =
impossible to keep it from being added to one's e-mails, otherwise I =
would turn it off and it would not appear below. For purposes of this =
message it may be considered as meaningless, random clutter. Piano =
tuners, technicians, rebuilders, makers, designers, scientists, =
craftsmen, artisans, musicians, engineers, enthusiasts and friends need =
not trouble themselves. Despite what the notice says, you are hereby =
notified of nothing (except that you are hereby notified of nothing).

****** IMPORTANT NOTICE ******
This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly =
prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me
at (312) 207-1000 and permanently delete the original and any copy of =
any
e-mail and any printout thereof.