Irmbach: Chernihiv

Cy Shuster 741662027@charter.net
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:49:21 -0600

John,

According to my father-in-law, the first word is very likely "Chernihiv", a
city in Western Ukraine (second one on this list):

http://www.citypopulation.de/Ukraine.html#3720

The lowercase "r" is a "g", which looks like a Greek gamma.  It would have
an "h" sound in the first word, and a "v" sound in the middle of the three
words below (aroo-vo-vo, meaning something of "aroov").

Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN