Automotive analogies

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:25:11 -0700

At 07:25 AM 2/3/2004 -0600, you wrote:

>One size definitely does not fit all, and not everything has an exact
>parallel, but you can generally find something close enough to help you
>explain either the malfunction or the remedy to someone with no clue as to
>the internal piano workings. (~99 44/100% of customers)
>

>Conrad Hoffsommer
>Decorah, IA
>
>- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
>Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
>- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
>- Apprentice Curmudgeon

Conrad,
    I think my favorite, out of way too many, is that "Tuning" is like
putting gas in your car. It's a consumable. It doesn't address the tranny
or tire rotation or weird noises from the rear end. (don't go there) I wind
up using this one for the customer that's convinced that tuning is the
be-all-end-all of service calls. Usually institutional.

Later,
Guy
Ft.Stinkin' Desert,
ALTHOUGH!!!! we might see some rain tonight!!! Yeah!!! (first in,
uh...gosh....don't remember!)