Virus Alert

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:31:25 -0600

Richard Brekne wrote:

> Hechler Family wrote:
>
>> Or switch to Linux & Mozilla browser/email - I've been virus free for
>> 8 years !
>>
> I use Mozilla Thunderbird.  I dont have the virus Duaine, but that
> doesnt keep virus's from useing my email addess.
>
> RicB

True, The web browser is only half of the equation. The other half is
Windows. 99% of the viruses are written to exploit the holes and leaks
in the Windows operating system and Windows software. The latest virus
was being past through the holes and leaks in the file sharing software
named Kazaa (Windows based only) - mainly used for sharing music.