Soundboard stiffening

Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:29:32 -0800

I don't have any deflection and load data, but, I can tell you that when
you insert wedges under the struts and start pounding on the board to get
the board partially loaded prior to setting downbearing, that the wedges go
in very easily at first and encounter increasingly more resistance the
farther the board deflects.  If the relationship were linear, I would
presume you would be able to insert the wedges without any increasing
resistance.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

If