OOPS - Re: ga-1

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:21:14 -0600

Terry,

At 03:59 AM 2/4/04, you wrote:
>I've heard of the GH-1 as the low-end heapy-cheapy Yamaha, but am not
>familiar with the GA-1. Is the GA-1 the new and improved low-end
>heapy-cheapy Yamaha, or did they simply find a way to make their low-end
>heapy-cheapy Yamaha even more cheaply?

Maybe. But I'd still rather have one made by Yamaha in that price range then
most others. :-) Middle pedal is a bass sustain. It's also available as a
Disklavier model.

>Is it a little five-footer?

5'11". I MEANT 4'11". Sorry.

The next one up is a GC1, 5'3". Also with a bass sustain.

Here's what their web page says:
    * Advanced scale design
    * Solid spruce soundboard and ribs
    * Solid maple bridge and caps
    * Solid copper wound bass strings
    * Aluminum alloy action rails
    * Yamaha balanced action
    * Solid spruce keys with hardwood buttons
    * Premium Yamaha designed hammers with T-fasteners
    * Reinforced keyframe Pin with adjustable guide
    * Hardwood reinforced keyframe
    * Bass sustain
    * Cut thread tuning pins
    * Polyester finish
    * Resin sheet foundation
    * Lid prop stopper
    * Solid brass casters
    * Vacuum Shield Mold Process (V-Pro) plate
    * Seasoned for destination
    * Yamaha ServiceBondSM Assurance Program
The GA1, Yamaha's most compact and affordable grand,
is a popular choice for locations where space is somewhat limited,
with full resonant tone comparable to that of many substantially
larger models

Avery